ParamCopy is a plugin for Substance Designer enabling to copy/paste node parameters, store and recall node states and change the random seeds of multiple nodes at a time. It requires Substance Designer 2019.2 or above.
- Copy common node Base parameters such as resolution or bit-depth from one node into multiple other nodes.
- Copy specific node parameters into other nodes of the same type, i.e. to uniformize a distribution, layout or processing between multiple nodes.
- Change the inheritance methods of some parameters by changing them into a source node and pasting into other nodes.
- Create multiple variations of a selected set of nodes then switch between them for testing different design options. Combine variations with those of other node sets and recall them all at once.
- Create and combine variations for development, testing or demonstration purpose, skim with a few clicks through variations showing multiple states of your Substance and even combine them.
- Copy/paste parameters between custom or third-party Substances of different types but having similar parameters.
- Shuffle the randomness of parts your graph by rolling the random seeds of a selection of nodes.
For Hair & Fur users: copy certain properties of a hair texture generator and paste them into other generators of the same set (to be tiled together). For instance:
- Move all the Hair & Fur instances of a tile set from performance efficient pattern settings (beam/dynamic size) to rendering settings (hemisphere/no dynamic size).
- Echo the change of hair density from one Hair & Fur instance to all the others.
- Replicate fast tiling settings (tiling of exported texture maps) from a Tiler instance to a Global Timer instance.