Global Search is a plugin for Substance Designer extending its search capabilities. Searches can be made in multiple packages / folders / graphs / functions at a time using various filters. It requires Substance Designer 2019.2 or above.
– graph name (ID or label)
– Folder name (ID)
– Comments and frames
– Package function names (ID or label)
– Package function input parameter names (ID)
– Variables or input parameters in function Get nodes (including Package function)
– Variables or input parameters in function Set nodes (including Package function)
These search capabilities, in particular the ability to find variable Get/Set usage into package functions are especially useful when developing function code as cooking errors currently do not identify the package function in which an error is present. If the error is related to a variable, the search tool enables to quickly find it.
– Param functions: searches all graph input parameters to which are assigned custom parameter functions. In a large graph, it is easy to loose track of the input parametters having custom functions, this preset lets you identify them.
– TODO: searches for TODO strings that can be left in comments to indicate a feature left to implement. This way you can easily manage a TODO list of what’s left to do in your graphs.
– TMP: searches for TMP strings that can be left in comments to indicate a temporary feature that needs to be removed before final release.
Global Search is available on the following stores: